Author Topic: PM & CR2 MacBPro Workflow  (Read 7236 times)

Offline april

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM & CR2 MacBPro Workflow
« on: August 09, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »
my photo mechanic trial expires today. I have a mac book pro/ intel processor, and a Canon Mark lln. The camera is brand new and I will be taking raw images.  I haven't loaded the canon image editing software yet or even taken any photos. I used photo mechanic with images from a nikon d70s and so far I like how the program seems straight forward and I think I can learn to use it easily. Before finding photomechanic, I had tried a trial version of lightroom with my Nef files and I lost most of my images. I am asking for advice.  Do you think photo mechanic with the canon software would work as my only workflow or should I buy photoshop/bridge and parralels  to use with photo mechanic ? Switching from a pc to a mac and from nikon to a canon and then reallizing there are  compatibility issues with my lap top have me unsure of what to use to process my images. Anything you can tell me would be great. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM & CR2 MacBPro Workflow
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:39:59 PM »
my photo mechanic trial expires today. I have a mac book pro/ intel processor, and a Canon Mark lln. The camera is brand new and I will be taking raw images.  I haven't loaded the canon image editing software yet or even taken any photos. I used photo mechanic with images from a nikon d70s and so far I like how the program seems straight forward and I think I can learn to use it easily. Before finding photomechanic, I had tried a trial version of lightroom with my Nef files and I lost most of my images. I am asking for advice.  Do you think photo mechanic with the canon software would work as my only workflow or should I buy photoshop/bridge and parralels  to use with photo mechanic ? Switching from a pc to a mac and from nikon to a canon and then reallizing there are  compatibility issues with my lap top have me unsure of what to use to process my images. Anything you can tell me would be great. Thanks

I personally use Canon's Digital Photo Professional with Photo Mechanic to process images from my Canon 20D.  While it is frustrating that DPP does not pre-select photos that are dropped onto it, it is serviceable enough.

-Kirk

Offline april

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM & CR2 MacBPro Workflow
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »
thanks, then that is what I will try, too.