Author Topic: Caption issues  (Read 4474 times)

Offline bdemay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption issues
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

Having problems seeing captions from photos downloaded from AP Exchange - the caption does not appear in PM however the remaining data is there (byline, source, credit, etc)

When I open the images in CS3 the missing caption is in the file info. I've been cutting and pasting as a workaround but wondered if perhaps a setting in PM may have been altered and causing the problem.

This does not happen with all images - more like 50 %

Current prefs attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:31:42 PM by bdemay »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption issues
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:28 PM »
Bob,

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

Having problems seeing captions from photos downloaded from AP Exchange - the caption does not appear in PM however the remaining data is there (byline, source, credit, etc)

When I open the images in CS3 the missing caption is in the file info. I've been cutting and pasting as a workaround but wondered if perhaps a setting in PM may have been altered and causing the problem.

This does not happen with all images - more like 50 %

Current prefs attached.

I'd need a sample file that exhibits the problem in order to tell what is going on.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk