Author Topic: TIF larger than 2 GB  (Read 2401 times)

Offline exb53

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
TIF larger than 2 GB
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:39:02 AM »
If I have TIF images larger than 2 Gb, applying the IPTC stationary Pad will return a message like "operation stopped due to an internal error". If there was a large number of images selected, the process stops, and some files have the correct IPTC info, but the rest does not. It seems that PM is not able to read these files correctly. The thumbnail is visible but file size has a negative value. As a sort on file size does not work, it is difficult to find these images within PM. It would be great if PM could handle these files or at least reports the file which created the problem.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: TIF larger than 2 GB
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
If I have TIF images larger than 2 Gb, applying the IPTC stationary Pad will return a message like "operation stopped due to an internal error". If there was a large number of images selected, the process stops, and some files have the correct IPTC info, but the rest does not. It seems that PM is not able to read these files correctly. The thumbnail is visible but file size has a negative value. As a sort on file size does not work, it is difficult to find these images within PM. It would be great if PM could handle these files or at least reports the file which created the problem.

Please post a screen shot (JPEG) of the error box.  That way I can look up the message in the code and see what is going on.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link when you're posting your reply to this message in order to upload your screen shot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline exb53

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: TIF larger than 2 GB
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
That was a fast reply! I added the thumbs view, you see the negativ value auf the file size. The 2nd has the error message.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]