Author Topic: Allow Save Snapshot to Use Real Finder Save Dialog Window  (Read 3233 times)

Offline ptakeuchi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Allow Save Snapshot to Use Real Finder Save Dialog Window
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »
Excuse me if this is already in 4.6, but one thing that has always irritated me is that the Save snapshot lightning bolt drop down list, in the IPTC Stationery Pad, for example, only allows typing of a snapshot name. It would be very helpful for the Save... choice to open up the finder's save dialog window and allow me to populate the snapshot filename with a currently existing one so I can overwrite it or modify it for a different version name. As it stands it's a bit tedious to make different versions and have to clean up filenames in the finder outside of PM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Allow Save Snapshot to Use Real Finder Save Dialog Window
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:23:57 AM »
Excuse me if this is already in 4.6, but one thing that has always irritated me is that the Save snapshot lightning bolt drop down list, in the IPTC Stationery Pad, for example, only allows typing of a snapshot name. It would be very helpful for the Save... choice to open up the finder's save dialog window and allow me to populate the snapshot filename with a currently existing one so I can overwrite it or modify it for a different version name. As it stands it's a bit tedious to make different versions and have to clean up filenames in the finder outside of PM.

There is a popup menu in the Save Snapshot dialog that lists the names of all of the current snapshots.  We can't use the standard file picker dialog because you could easily choose a save location that the snapshot menu would not look for.  Just use the popup menu to choose previous names.

-Kirk