Author Topic: HTML template exporter  (Read 8777 times)

Offline jaapmuscat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
HTML template exporter
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:33:07 AM »
Hi,

I am using Photo mechanic more and more. I like it a lot! Now I want to try to add a small, easy template to my existing website.
Tried to find on the forum an answer how exactly to add a small set of pics in my website through the HTML template exporter. Can't find the right answer.
I select for example 10 pics from a contact sheet.
File--> export ---> html template exporter. I don't see anything happening on the right sight. No choices available.
I have 1 folder with my complete website stuff (made with adobe cs4). index.html is available in that folder. I am sure I am missing something.
Attached is the error message..
Hopefully someone can help.
Thanks,  Jaap

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: HTML template exporter
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:20:33 AM »
Jaap,

I am using Photo mechanic more and more. I like it a lot! Now I want to try to add a small, easy template to my existing website.
Tried to find on the forum an answer how exactly to add a small set of pics in my website through the HTML template exporter. Can't find the right answer.
I select for example 10 pics from a contact sheet.
File--> export ---> html template exporter. I don't see anything happening on the right sight. No choices available.
I have 1 folder with my complete website stuff (made with adobe cs4). index.html is available in that folder. I am sure I am missing something.
Attached is the error message..

The HTML Template Exporter requires your HTML files to be coded up in such a way that they can be parsed by its engine.  See the documentation in the manual, starting on page 100.  You can get the manual here:

http://www.camerabits.com/site/downloads.html

If that's too complicated, then I recommend using the PM Classic template and then modify your main page to reference your exported gallery using your Adobe tools.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline jaapmuscat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:38:50 AM »
Thanks!
Yes,  I was just starting using the PM classic template..
That looks ok and then I can indeed make the changes on one of my pages...

But I will try to see if I can work with exporting the HTML templates...

Best regards,

Jaap

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »
Same here,

My error asks for a preview html file but my HTML template has none....

Maybe it won't work....?

The HTML Template Exporter template encountered an error while generating the site.?The error was: #<RuntimeError: The selected template has no preview html file>?    (eval):790:in `generate_site'?    (eval):180:in `value'?    (eval):180:in `sandbox'?    (eval):817:in `kickoff_background_export'

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:53:08 PM »
Same here,

My error asks for a preview html file but my HTML template has none....

Maybe it won't work....?

The HTML Template Exporter template encountered an error while generating the site.?The error was: #<RuntimeError: The selected template has no preview html file>?    (eval):790:in `generate_site'?    (eval):180:in `value'?    (eval):180:in `sandbox'?    (eval):817:in `kickoff_background_export'

You must have a preview.html file.  It won't work without one.  How would you expect to see full size previews without one?

Please see page 103 of the manual for a tutorial on how to use the "HTML Template Exporter"

You can get the manual here:

http://www.camerabits.com/site/downloads.html

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »
Quote from: Kirk Baker
You must have a preview.html file.  It won't work without one.  How would you expect to see full size previews without one?

It works great without one -

http://willaustin.com/client/flamenco-seattle/

Maybe this gallery is too complex, but it is HTML.  It would be great if I could use TTG galleries with the output option, then I would never have to open Lightroom again ;-)

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:39:18 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 05:38:15 PM »
Quote from: kbaker

It works great without one -

http://willaustin.com/client/flamenco-seattle/

Maybe this gallery is too complex, but it is HTML.  It would be great if I could use TTG galleries with the output option, then I would never have to open Lightroom again ;-)

The Gallery you referenced loads up a separate 'preview' html file for each thumbnail I clicked on.

What are TTG galleries?

-Kirk

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 02:42:54 PM »
The Gallery you referenced loads up a separate 'preview' html file for each thumbnail I clicked on.

What are TTG galleries?

-Kirk

Ah, I see, thx.  TTG is "The Turning Gate" and they make really great web plugins but for Lightroom -

http://shop.theturninggate.net/collections/all
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:39:35 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »

What are TTG galleries?

-Kirk

Ah, I see, thx.  TTG is "The Turning Gate" and they make really great web plugins but for Lightroom -

http://shop.theturninggate.net/collections/all

Perhaps you could ask them to make templates for Photo Mechanic?  It shouldn't be too hard on their end and they'll make more money from the additional sales.

-Kirk

Offline manitou22

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »
Excellent idea, I'll ask Matthew at TTG.

Thanks Kirk