Author Topic: some pictures have two different dates  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
some pictures have two different dates
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:55:43 PM »
LightRoom seems not good for chronology, certainly I made a mistake with PM.
When it is fine, I see in IPTC info date 10/12/2008 (with {shot}) and near Urgency I read   "time and date " 10/12/2008   OK !

What about a picture with 10/12/2008 ( I am certain it is  shot time) and "time and date " = 22/11/2009   ???

I understand there is two dates, LR takes only the second date to order pictures with time, results are bad.
No explications about "date and time" in PM manuel. I need copy shot time on the second date.

Sorry, very difficult for me to explain in english !
I hope your database and will quit LR !
Thanks
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: some pictures have two different dates
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »
LightRoom seems not good for chronology, certainly I made a mistake with PM.
When it is fine, I see in IPTC info date 10/12/2008 (with {shot}) and near Urgency I read   "time and date " 10/12/2008   OK !

What about a picture with 10/12/2008 ( I am certain it is  shot time) and "time and date " = 22/11/2009   ???

Where are you seeing this second date?

Quote from: Soizic
I understand there is two dates, LR takes only the second date to order pictures with time, results are bad.
No explications about "date and time" in PM manuel. I need copy shot time on the second date.

One date should be the Capture Date, and the other date would likely be the IPTC Date.  You can adjust both of these in the Adjust Capture Dates and Times dialog accessible from the Tools menu.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
Re: some pictures have two different dates
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:55:02 AM »
" One date should be the Capture Date, and the other date would likely be the IPTC Date.  You can adjust both of these in the Adjust Capture Dates and Times dialog accessible from the Tools menu. "

Well, I enjoy adjust the two dates ! It is perfect.
Thanks
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator