Author Topic: PM in multilanguage version  (Read 9932 times)

Offline Tommi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • FotoDesignTS
PM in multilanguage version
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:47:34 AM »
Hello all together,
i would like to renew the wish from the europeen user of PM for a multilanguage version of PM.
I know this topic is often written here, but the wish is still actual.

I use the version 4.5.4 and i do the chance to the actual version if there is a multilanguage is embedded.

The Languages: German, italian, french and spanish would be to my opinion the most important.

I would be nice, if this wish would be taken in concideration in future versions.
I am very satisfied with PM!!

Greetings from Germany
TOM

cu on location!

Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM in multilanguage version
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:21:39 AM »
Tom,

i would like to renew the wish from the europeen user of PM for a multilanguage version of PM.

I use the version 4.5.4 and i do the chance to the actual version if there is a multilanguage is embedded.

The Languages: German, italian, french and spanish would be to my opinion the most important.

I would be nice, if this wish would be taken in concideration in future versions.

Making a multi-language version of Photo Mechanic is very high on our list of things to do.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
Tom,

Making a multi-language version of Photo Mechanic is very high on our list of things to do.

-Kirk

I don't feel the urging need for it myself but surely would be welcome by many.

If you can manage to have language data in separate files than translation could happen on a voluntary basis (I volunteer as first for my not so popular language).
,-)))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Tommi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • FotoDesignTS
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »
Hello all,
i didn t visit the forum for a quiet long time. I try the actual demo version to find out if a multilanguage version is out now.
Earlier in this threat Kirk answerd that a multilanguage is right in top for the next things to do. I would like to know if there is this version out?
Otherwise i would renew the wish for this.

Greetings from the lake of constance

Tom
cu on location!

Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 06:26:22 AM »
Tom,

i didn t visit the forum for a quiet long time. I try the actual demo version to find out if a multilanguage version is out now.
Earlier in this threat Kirk answerd that a multilanguage is right in top for the next things to do. I would like to know if there is this version out?
Otherwise i would renew the wish for this.

Version 4.6.x will not be translated.  I don't know if the initial release of our next major version of Photo Mechanic will have translations either, but we'd likely work on that during the lifetime of the next major version.

-Kirk

Offline iau

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:52 PM »
Tom,

-Kirk

Please do not make it a default setting based on the Location-settings in the OS, but rather let the user choose in the preferenes.

I have a few Windows programs (i.e. Nero) that show tool tips in a different language than my OS language. Don't know why, but was told it was impossible to change this because of the locatin settings. My main computer is a Mac and I don't think I have run into this problem here yet.

Thanks,
-iau

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
better then waiting 1,5 years it would be just to take a english lesson :)

to use PM it doesnt need a lot of knowledige.. (look at my english*g*)

just use dict.leo.org

using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline alainschroeder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM in french ? possible ?
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »
Hi
I just bought photomechanic and I am wondering how to get  the software in french
thanks
alain

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM in french ? possible ?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
Alain,

I just bought photomechanic and I am wondering how to get  the software in french

Photo Mechanic is currently only available in English.

-Kirk