Author Topic: PM to EM2 ratings not appearing for NEF files  (Read 2223 times)

Offline noemi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM to EM2 ratings not appearing for NEF files
« on: February 17, 2010, 11:41:04 AM »
Hello,
I have been using Photo Mechanic for nearly 6 months now and I am very happy with it. I decided to use EM2 as cataloguing software as it was important to organize the large photo library I have. Until recently I had no problems in having changes made in PM appear in EM2, including the ratings on the photographs.
I recently imported a large number of photographs from PM to EM2. Mostly Nikon NEF, some Canon CR2 and some jpgs. The process was VERY slow and I have just realized that a lot of the information such as star ratings initially defined in PM do not show up in EM2.

I am using Mac OS.X 10.6.2, PhotoMechanic 4.6.3 and EM2.0.

I don't know if this new situation is related do some of the upgrades in operating systems or software.

Thanks for any help in this matter.
Noemi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM to EM2 ratings not appearing for NEF files
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:09:45 PM »
Noemi,

I have been using Photo Mechanic for nearly 6 months now and I am very happy with it. I decided to use EM2 as cataloguing software as it was important to organize the large photo library I have. Until recently I had no problems in having changes made in PM appear in EM2, including the ratings on the photographs.
I recently imported a large number of photographs from PM to EM2. Mostly Nikon NEF, some Canon CR2 and some jpgs. The process was VERY slow and I have just realized that a lot of the information such as star ratings initially defined in PM do not show up in EM2.

I am using Mac OS.X 10.6.2, PhotoMechanic 4.6.3 and EM2.0.

I don't know if this new situation is related do some of the upgrades in operating systems or software.

Did anything change in your IPTC/XMP settings in Photo Mechanic recently?  Ratings and color labels are written to the XMP data.

-Kirk

Offline noemi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM to EM2 ratings not appearing for NEF files
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »

Did anything change in your IPTC/XMP settings in Photo Mechanic recently?  Ratings and color labels are written to the XMP data.

-Kirk

Hello,
I do not recall making any modifications to the IPTC/XMP settings.
Attached is a screen shot of my current settings if you can see anything that might be causing the problem.
Thank you.
Noemi

[attachment deleted by admin]