Author Topic: Modifier Key  (Read 3406 times)

Offline tkorol

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Modifier Key
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »
Hi I am using a new MacBook Pro running 10.6.2 and the latest version of PM, 4.6.2.1 I am trying to use the Modifier Key (Option) when I FTP to miss the whole FTP dialog box. But the FTP send box always comes up. It works fine on my Windows laptop. Is this still not working on the Mac?
Thanks
Todd

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Modifier Key
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »
Todd,

Hi I am using a new MacBook Pro running 10.6.2 and the latest version of PM, 4.6.2.1 I am trying to use the Modifier Key (Option) when I FTP to miss the whole FTP dialog box. But the FTP send box always comes up. It works fine on my Windows laptop. Is this still not working on the Mac?

It should.  Do you already have an FTP queue (upload progress) dialog active before you hold down the Option key?

-Kirk

Offline tkorol

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »
Yes I do.

While I hold down the Option key I right click with my mouse, I then click the FTP As... and I get the "File Uploader" box. I also use the latest version of PM on my Windows XP laptop and the modifier key works fine.

Thanks for looking into this.
Todd

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
Todd,

Yes I do.

While I hold down the Option key I right click with my mouse, I then click the FTP As... and I get the "File Uploader" box. I also use the latest version of PM on my Windows XP laptop and the modifier key works fine.

I just tried it on my development version and it works fine for me on my Mac desktop.  Are you certain you're holding down the Option key and not the Shift key like you do on Windows XP?

-Kirk

Offline tkorol

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
Yes "Option" key for sure.

-todd

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
Todd,

Yes "Option" key for sure.

Well hopefully the next update will solve your issue since I cannot reproduce it on my system.

-Kirk

Offline tkorol

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »
I might try deleting the program from my system and downloading a new copy. Sometimes that works when things are not working properly.

Thanks
Todd