Author Topic: Never-ending registration  (Read 7134 times)

Offline dogear

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Never-ending registration
« on: August 10, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »
I recently purchased PM following the 30-day trial. However, every time I start up the program I get the registration dialog. This occured during the trial, after the purchase and after I installed the most recent update. I should be plenty registered by now. How do I make it stop?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Never-ending registration
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 02:13:50 PM »
I recently purchased PM following the 30-day trial. However, every time I start up the program I get the registration dialog. This occured during the trial, after the purchase and after I installed the most recent update. I should be plenty registered by now. How do I make it stop?

Please tell me what OS you are running.

-Kirk

Offline dogear

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 02:32:37 PM »
I'm running OS X 10.4.6.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »
I'm running OS X 10.4.6.

Are you running a user account with fairly restricted access privileges?  You need to have access to write a file at /Library/Preferences so that the registration information can be recorded.  This information can be registered from any account, since the data is per machine and not per user.

You'll need to elevate your privileges just once to complete the registration.  You will not need to enter the data again unless you get a new upgrade password, or you have to reformat your drive for some reason.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dogear

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm generally logged in to a standard account, so that makes sense. I'll give it a go. Great software by the way. Add cataloging features and I'll be a really happy camper. Thanks!