Author Topic: Stationery pad always blank  (Read 3193 times)

Offline bentoni

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Stationery pad always blank
« on: February 03, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
I am running PM 4.6.2.1, on an Intel MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. Each time I invoke the ingest dialog box, all the fields are blank, and un-checked. I should be able to check and fill the fields I always use, and see them pre-filled whenever I ingest new photos, but I have to start from scratch every time. I have searched all the preferences for a box I may have left un-checked, or something simple like that but with no solution. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stationery pad always blank
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
I am running PM 4.6.2.1, on an Intel MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. Each time I invoke the ingest dialog box, all the fields are blank, and un-checked. I should be able to check and fill the fields I always use, and see them pre-filled whenever I ingest new photos, but I have to start from scratch every time. I have searched all the preferences for a box I may have left un-checked, or something simple like that but with no solution. Can anyone help me with this?

If you close the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog and re-open it immediately is it blank then?

If you want more direct help please call 503-547-2888

-Kirk

Offline bentoni

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
Yes. No matter what I do, it always reappears blank.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
Yes. No matter what I do, it always reappears blank.

Are you able to make a Snapshot and reload it?  Use the button with a lightning bolt on it to save and load Snapshots.

Otherwise, if you make any other changes to settings (like Preferences) or the main IPTC Stationery Pad (from the Image menu), do any of those changes stick?  If not, have you somehow lost permission to write to your Preferences folder or the Photo Mechanic Preferences file?

-Kirk

Offline bentoni

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »
Yes, a snapshot of the stationery pad can be recalled, but the basic preferences of the Ingest dialog box are always lost. (folder name, destination folder paths, etc.) 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:45:01 PM »
Yes, a snapshot of the stationery pad can be recalled, but the basic preferences of the Ingest dialog box are always lost. (folder name, destination folder paths, etc.) 

Have you tried repairing permissions on your system?

It sounds like PM is unable to write to its preferences files.

-Kirk

Offline bentoni

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
Yes, I tried that earlier, but it did not help. Perhaps I'll delete the preferences file and restart.