Author Topic: Refresh clears selection  (Read 2479 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Refresh clears selection
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »
I have a directory containing about 500 images.  I use Find to select about 200 (Ctrl+F followed by F2).  I sort the records by Captionwriter.  I then edit an image and change the Captionwriter field.  I save my changes and want to refresh my view so the edited image is in the new (corrected) sort order.  When I press F5, all the images other than the current one disappear, so I have lost my view and have to recreate it.

Windows 7 PM 4.6.1

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Refresh clears selection
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 11:26:35 AM »
Deven,

I have a directory containing about 500 images.  I use Find to select about 200 (Ctrl+F followed by F2).  I sort the records by Captionwriter.  I then edit an image and change the Captionwriter field.  I save my changes and want to refresh my view so the edited image is in the new (corrected) sort order.  When I press F5, all the images other than the current one disappear, so I have lost my view and have to recreate it.

I can't reproduce this issue without deselecting the images and only selecting the one image I am about to caption.  Since you're viewing by Selected it is expected that if you reduce the number of selected images to one and then refresh that all unselected images will be filtered out.  Refresh reapplies all filters (View, Ratings, Color Class) and re-sorts the contact sheet.

Is there a reason you're deselecting the other images in order to edit the caption?

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 02:23:02 PM »

Is there a reason you're deselecting the other images in order to edit the caption?

Only habit!  Didn't realize deselecting would have such dire results.  When I avoid deselecting, it works  ;D

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »
Deven,

Only habit!  Didn't realize deselecting would have such dire results.  When I avoid deselecting, it works  ;D

If you're viewing Selected files only and you refresh, then all that will be visible are the currently selected images.

-Kirk