Author Topic: PM 4.6.2.1 CR2 files not rotated when opened in CS4  (Read 2570 times)

Offline SportsOnFilm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.6.2.1 CR2 files not rotated when opened in CS4
« on: February 04, 2010, 06:18:17 AM »
I am running PM 4.6.2.1 and CS4 - I rotate files in PM using the Alt+[ shortcut, but when I open the CR2 file (RAW from a Canon Mark IIN) in CS4 it is not rotated.  Is there a setting I need to change, or do I need to rotate the CR2 files a different way?

Brian Westerholt
Sports On Film
www.sportsonfilm.com
brianw@sportsonfilm.com
704-902-7711

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.6.2.1 CR2 files not rotated when opened in CS4
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »
Brian,

I am running PM 4.6.2.1 and CS4 - I rotate files in PM using the Alt+[ shortcut, but when I open the CR2 file (RAW from a Canon Mark IIN) in CS4 it is not rotated.  Is there a setting I need to change, or do I need to rotate the CR2 files a different way?

Photoshop's ACR (Adobe Camera Raw plugin) renders the CR2 according to its own settings.  PM is setting the EXIF Orientation tag to indicate the rotation but ACR is ignoring it.  You'll have to rotate the image in ACR.

-Kirk

Offline SportsOnFilm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:10:35 AM »
Kirk,

Thank you for your reply - I guess this is something that has changed in CS4, because it worked fine in CS2.  Also, I should have mentiond, tha in the past when I rotated images in PM, they would be rotated in PS as well as in Canon's DPP software.  Now, images that I rotate in PM are not rotated in DPP either.

-Brian

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »
Hmm, either something has changed in both CS4 and your DPP, I'm wondering whether or not PhotoMechanic is actually updating the file info after you rotate the image.  Perhaps you inadvertently changed a PM preference. Have a look at your "Files" preferences and see whether or not you have set "Add tag, colour class, ..." correctly (at least I think that is the setting that may affect this).

Hope this helps,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl