Author Topic: 2 minor anoyances - with drop downs  (Read 2441 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
2 minor anoyances - with drop downs
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »
When I click on the Custom Sort drop down - I often select what I want then move the cursor away and roll the Mouse wheel to scroll thru the pictures but I scroll thru and change the sort I just selected. Can the clicked on selection be locked when clicked on?

Also In the IPTC Pad when I click on a drop down (I have this problem mostly with cities) I look to see the list to see if I should select or type in a city but if I don't select a city, I need to be careful not to "Remeove " the city that was there because the arrow is on the current city at the top.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 2 minor anoyances - with drop downs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:00:16 AM »
When I click on the Custom Sort drop down - I often select what I want then move the cursor away and roll the Mouse wheel to scroll thru the pictures but I scroll thru and change the sort I just selected. Can the clicked on selection be locked when clicked on?

It's just a function of how Windows has always worked.  Controls gain focus and by default mouse wheel events are sent to the control with focus.  Click somewhere in the contact sheet view to change focus.

Quote from: JAS Photo
Also In the IPTC Pad when I click on a drop down (I have this problem mostly with cities) I look to see the list to see if I should select or type in a city but if I don't select a city, I need to be careful not to "Remeove " the city that was there because the arrow is on the current city at the top.

Just click outside of the menu to cancel it.

-Kirk