Author Topic: Writing IPTC Stationary Pad info to all SubFolders  (Read 4267 times)

Offline JungleJim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Writing IPTC Stationary Pad info to all SubFolders
« on: February 11, 2010, 10:23:01 AM »
Running latest 4.6.3 Win-XP

How can I apply the IPTC Stationary fPad info to all subfolder pics from the main folder?  I have 35 subfolders that I want to apply the IPCT Pad info.  When I open the main folder which contains all the subfolders there does not seem to be a way to select the subfolders.  My work around is to open each sub folder, Select All pics then select Apply IPTC Pad to the pics. Just looking to save time.

Offline kobold

• View Profile
    • foto-kobold.de
Re: Writing IPTC Stationary Pad info to all SubFolders
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »
Not a 100% solution: you should open the subfolders using "open in current contact sheet". Then you have all your images within one contact sheet and you're able to apply your IPTC to all images at once.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:17:05 AM »
Kobold's solution is 100% working but it would be a bit slow to open all subfolders one-by-one with the "open in current contact sheet". This option is to add a few more folders to those allready open in the contact sheet.

You should use "Open folder and subfolders in new contact sheet". This will open all images in any of the subfolders in one contactsheet. Then you can apply the Stationery pad on the images in the contact sheet.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline JungleJim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »
You should use "Open folder and subfolders in new contact sheet". This will open all images in any of the subfolders in one contactsheet. Then you can apply the Stationery pad on the images in the contact sheet.

Don't see that option from the File Menu.  Checked the Contact Sheet Preference tab. Nothing there. All I have is "Open Contact Sheet.." as first File Menu selection.
Where is that menu choice for opening both? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:58:30 PM »
Jim,

Don't see that option from the File Menu.  Checked the Contact Sheet Preference tab. Nothing there. All I have is "Open Contact Sheet.." as first File Menu selection.
Where is that menu choice for opening both? 

Use the Favorites or Navigator.  Right-click on the desired parent folder and a contextual menu will appear, listing all of the available options.

-Kirk

Offline JungleJim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »
Kirk
You da man!  Would be easier to just put that selection in the main FILE Menu.  Anyway worked great.