Author Topic: Working with two machines  (Read 7105 times)

Offline Allan Campbell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Working with two machines
« on: October 07, 2006, 10:37:12 AM »
I have been using PM on my laptop (MAC) for years and would like to work on my desktop unit (XP) when needed. I would like to not have to rekey in all of the photographers, cities, events etc.... What files need to be copied so that I can have all of my drop down menus in the captioning window on two machines. If I use the save button I only get the current window options. All of the prefilled out choices in the drop downs do not transfer. Does that make sense.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:12:19 AM by Allan Campbell »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Working with two machines
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 11:31:09 AM »
I have been using PM on my laptop (MAC) for years and would like to work on my desktop unit (XP) when needed. I would like to not have to rekey in all of the photographers, cities, events etc.... What files need to be copied so that I can have all of my drop down menus in the captioning window on two machines. If I use the save button I only get the current window options. All of the prefilled out choices in the drop downs do not transfer. Does that make sense.

Use the Preferences dialog.  Click the Export button.  Choose the items you wish to export.  Save the file where you want to.

On the new machine use the Preferences dialog.  Click on the Import button.  Find the file you previously exported.  The exported items will appear as checked.  If you don't want to import all of the items you can uncheck the ones you don't want.

HTH,

-Kirk