Author Topic: contact sheet closes when moving a directory to trash in Mac version  (Read 4600 times)

Offline mikael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • mikaelkjellstrom.com
I'm working around it, but would love to see it fixed.

When viewing a contact sheet, empty of not and you select it from the Favorites or Navigator tree and then select Move to Trash it closes the contact sheet and you then have to create a new contact sheet and re-open the navigator tree to where you were.

I would love to see it just moving the folder to the trash and then have a blank contact sheet with the current tree in Nagvigator or Favorites open.

This works if you otherwise view another folder rather than the folder you want to move to trash and then select the folder to trash and it's gone and your window is still up and running.

...Mikael

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: contact sheet closes when moving a directory to trash in Mac version
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:43:18 PM »
Nice suggestion, I like that one.  I do the same thing...delete a folder then "BOOM" there's NOTHING on my screen.

Kirk...what do you think?

Delane

Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 08:55:40 AM »
Delane,

Nice suggestion, I like that one.  I do the same thing...delete a folder then "BOOM" there's NOTHING on my screen.

Kirk...what do you think?

Type Command-N ?

Because the folder is no longer available, the contact sheet window must be closed.  I have no way to make it have no folder once a folder has been assigned, so it must be closed.

-Kirk

Offline mikael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • mikaelkjellstrom.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 02:43:15 PM »
Kirk,

I understand that the folder needs to close and yes, command N works great to get a blank contact sheet and start fresh, but if you have a large directory tree with many sub folders, it takes a while to get it all expanded again.  Would it be possible that when the folder closed, it automatically opened up with the parent folder in view?   What it currently does seems to be not a standard.  In Windows and on OSX  when deleting a folder it won't close the open finder window, it just deletes the folder and shows the updated parent directory.  No surprises.

As I otherwise stated, I can just make sure that I don't have the current folder that I want to delete open as a contact sheet and then I will circumvent all the above.

...Mikael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »
Mikael,

I understand that the folder needs to close and yes, command N works great to get a blank contact sheet and start fresh, but if you have a large directory tree with many sub folders, it takes a while to get it all expanded again.  Would it be possible that when the folder closed, it automatically opened up with the parent folder in view?   What it currently does seems to be not a standard.  In Windows and on OSX  when deleting a folder it won't close the open finder window, it just deletes the folder and shows the updated parent directory.  No surprises.

I'll see if there is a way that I can make it become a "blank" contact sheet again.

-Kirk