Author Topic: 4.6.3: Ingest no longer accepts "&" in destination path  (Read 3172 times)

Offline TGeist

• View Profile
    • GG-IMAGES :: Charlotte Wedding Photographer
4.6.3: Ingest no longer accepts "&" in destination path
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:37:38 AM »
This is on OS X 10.6.2.

Since updating to PM 4.6.3 I can no longer ingest into a path with a "&" in the name. Ingesting from CF card (tried it with different readers and on iMac and laptop) returns an error:
"Error copying: {source path} to: {destination path}"

It also creates a file outside of that folder in the destination path that has the "&" in its name. The file's name is that folder's name until to where the "&" is. Finder says it's a Unix executable file but it also shows a preview thumbnail.

Example:
The path specified is "{year4}-{month0}-{day0} Amanda&Angel/RAW Thomas"
The desired folder hierarchy is created, but PM will not save any RAW files in there, it will show the error message and generate the file "2010-02-12 Amanda"

Thomas
www.gg-images.us

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6.3: Ingest no longer accepts "&" in destination path
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:37:24 PM »
Thomas,

This is on OS X 10.6.2.

Since updating to PM 4.6.3 I can no longer ingest into a path with a "&" in the name. Ingesting from CF card (tried it with different readers and on iMac and laptop) returns an error:
"Error copying: {source path} to: {destination path}"

It also creates a file outside of that folder in the destination path that has the "&" in its name. The file's name is that folder's name until to where the "&" is. Finder says it's a Unix executable file but it also shows a preview thumbnail.

Example:
The path specified is "{year4}-{month0}-{day0} Amanda&Angel/RAW Thomas"
The desired folder hierarchy is created, but PM will not save any RAW files in there, it will show the error message and generate the file "2010-02-12 Amanda"

Thanks for the heads-up.  I have fixed this issue and the fix will appear in the next update.

-Kirk