Author Topic: Will it be possible to export to Pixelpost or Wordpress?  (Read 9378 times)

Offline Peter E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Will it be possible to export to Pixelpost or Wordpress?
« on: February 15, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »
Will PM be able to export and upload photos directly to websites that are using Pixelpost or Wordpress in a future version of PM? I know I can upload the photos through FTP, but I would like to be able to upload them directly to online services like Pixelpost or Wordpress without need to hassel to go through the FTP thing.

I know the blog editor Ecto manage to upload photos as well as text directly to Wordpress (not sure about Pixelpost though). It would be great if PM would be able to do it as well, so that I can speed up my posting of photos on my website.

I mean, if it’s possible to export to Flckr and Flash-based slide show viewers like PMSlideshow, it would not be so hard to make it to work with Pixelpost or Wordpress?  :)

/Peter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Will it be possible to export to Pixelpost or Wordpress?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:08:31 PM »
Peter,

Will PM be able to export and upload photos directly to websites that are using Pixelpost or Wordpress in a future version of PM? I know I can upload the photos through FTP, but I would like to be able to upload them directly to online services like Pixelpost or Wordpress without need to hassel to go through the FTP thing.

I know the blog editor Ecto manage to upload photos as well as text directly to Wordpress (not sure about Pixelpost though). It would be great if PM would be able to do it as well, so that I can speed up my posting of photos on my website.

I mean, if it’s possible to export to Flckr and Flash-based slide show viewers like PMSlideshow, it would not be so hard to make it to work with Pixelpost or Wordpress?  :)

It just requires research into these services and the time to implement the custom uploader templates necessary for the uploading.  If you want to find URLs to the documentation for their protocols then that would be very helpful.

-Kirk

Offline Peter E

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Will it be possible to export to Pixelpost or Wordpress?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:34:13 AM »
I will try to find the URLs to the documentation för their protocols as soon as I have some spare time over for it.