Author Topic: Snapshot Pulldown with one click  (Read 5719 times)

Offline dbacksjon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Snapshot Pulldown with one click
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:01:44 AM »
Hey Kirk and all,
I would love to see a small fix where when you click and hold on the snapshot menu button in the keywords dialog box and you are able to pull it down while you click and hold. Just like in most MAC apps. This is the MAC version also. When want to use the snapshot button it would be much easier to just click/hold/scroll down to field and let go of click to select it. This doesn't seem to be the case at this point in the snapshot menu on the keywords edit box.
THanks,
Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Snapshot Pulldown with one click
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 10:39:18 AM »
Jon,

I would love to see a small fix where when you click and hold on the snapshot menu button in the keywords dialog box and you are able to pull it down while you click and hold. Just like in most MAC apps. This is the MAC version also. When want to use the snapshot button it would be much easier to just click/hold/scroll down to field and let go of click to select it. This doesn't seem to be the case at this point in the snapshot menu on the keywords edit box.

That would be possible if it were actually a popup menu button.  It isn't.  Did you know that actual popup menu buttons work the way you describe as well as the way my snapshot button works?

It isn't a popup menu button, because we didn't want to use up the space for the title.  In the case of the Keywords dialog, there is room, but in other areas where the snapshot button appears there is not enough room.  We're going for consistency here.

I think you'll find that click and release and click is more accurate since you don't get a selection when you accidentally release the mouse button.  Nor do I think that it takes really any appreciable difference in time to use.

But I understand your concern.

-Kirk

Offline dbacksjon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:27:10 AM »
Ok, understand the way you explained it... just a workflow "muscle memory" thing that I am used to i guess. True, there is no appreciable time difference, just when i hold on the snapshot button and wait for it to expand, but like i said, just what i'm used to doing...

gracias..

Jon

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
Re: Snapshot
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:06:33 AM »

Further on the snapshot button, which I find extremely useful,
I am still trying to figure out how to delete a snapshot once I am done with it.

Kirk,
can you add a "Delete Snapshot" option?
thanks, Nati

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Snapshot
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »
Nati,

Further on the snapshot button, which I find extremely useful,
I am still trying to figure out how to delete a snapshot once I am done with it.

Kirk,
can you add a "Delete Snapshot" option?

On Windows, hold down the shift key while you choose an item from the Snapshot menu.  It will be displayed in Windows Explorer.  From there you can copy, rename, delete, etc.  When you come back to PM it will detect the changes.

On Mac OS X, hold down the option key while you choose an item from the Snapshot menu.  It will be displayed in the Finder.  From there you can copy, rename, delete, etc.  When you come back to PM it will detect the changes.

"Delete snapshot" is not necessary once you know how to get at the snapshots themselves.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline nharnik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
Kirk,
nice trick, the reveal in explorer solution.
Perhaps add a tool tip hint when mouse hovers over the snapshot button? Can't think of the exact wording, but I know that without some help I will forget which key to press next time I try to delete a snapshot.
Thanks, nati