Author Topic: Can't Update BrowseWithPMService.service  (Read 3893 times)

Offline slewis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't Update BrowseWithPMService.service
« on: February 20, 2010, 05:13:04 AM »
I updated PM this morning, and attempted to update the BrowseWithPMService.service file, too (since it seemed to have a newer file date than the one I was using).  However, when I attempted to drag the old one to the trash, I was greeted with a message informing me that "The item 'BrowseWithPMService.service' can't be moved to the Trash because it's open."  I get the same message when trying to simply copy the new file to the directory where the old one was installed.

I'm running a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.2.  Any suggestions for upgrading this file?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't Update BrowseWithPMService.service
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »
I updated PM this morning, and attempted to update the BrowseWithPMService.service file, too (since it seemed to have a newer file date than the one I was using).  However, when I attempted to drag the old one to the trash, I was greeted with a message informing me that "The item 'BrowseWithPMService.service' can't be moved to the Trash because it's open."  I get the same message when trying to simply copy the new file to the directory where the old one was installed.

I'm running a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.2.  Any suggestions for upgrading this file?

Try restarting your computer and before you bring up any contextual menus in the Finder, move the file to the Trash.  Then copy the newer one over.

-Kirk