Author Topic: "Open With" Win Vista Explore  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
"Open With" Win Vista Explore
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:01:34 AM »
In Vista Explore (file manager), usually right clicking on an image file and choosing an app to open the file with (Open With) will always open the image using that particular application. However choosing to "Open With" Photo Mechanic will only open the full collection of images in the last contact sheet, not the selected image.

I can't seem to find a solution in the manual and a mention in one of the PM forums does say that there is a problem with 64-bit Vista.

Win Vista Home Premium /SP1 32-bit, Photo Mechanic v4.6.3

Thanks,

Warren

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "Open With" Win Vista Explore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:24:53 AM »
Warren,

In Vista Explore (file manager), usually right clicking on an image file and choosing an app to open the file with (Open With) will always open the image using that particular application. However choosing to "Open With" Photo Mechanic will only open the full collection of images in the last contact sheet, not the selected image.

I can't seem to find a solution in the manual and a mention in one of the PM forums does say that there is a problem with 64-bit Vista.

Win Vista Home Premium /SP1 32-bit, Photo Mechanic v4.6.3

Photo Mechanic browses folders full of photos.  It does not have the concept of working with a single photo.

-Kirk

Offline Warren B

• View Profile
Re: "Open With" Win Vista Explore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »
Thanks Kirk - still learning PM (new user) & scratched my head over that one at first. Now, of course, it makes complete sense.

Please put me down as another person eagerly awaiting the release of Camera Bits catalog prgm. I've been an iView (EM) user since Mar. of 2003 when it was first released for Windows but now, more than ever, need to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to image management.

Thanks again,

Warren