Author Topic: NX2 can't save D3x file with PM is open  (Read 3754 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
NX2 can't save D3x file with PM is open
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
Under Win 7 64 bit, I occasionally run into a problem with NX 2.2.4 being unable to save a D3x nef when PM 4.6.3 is open.  When I try to save the nef from NX2, I get a "Can not save file" error message.  If I close PM (which was used to launch the NX2 and pass off the file to be edited), then I am able to save the nef from NX2. 

This doesn't happen every time I try to save a D3x nef, perhaps one out of every five times.  Also, it rarely happens with D3 or D300 files.

Deven

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: NX2 can't save D3x file with PM is open
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
Deven,

Under Win 7 64 bit, I occasionally run into a problem with NX 2.2.4 being unable to save a D3x nef when PM 4.6.3 is open.  When I try to save the nef from NX2, I get a "Can not save file" error message.  If I close PM (which was used to launch the NX2 and pass off the file to be edited), then I am able to save the nef from NX2. 

This doesn't happen every time I try to save a D3x nef, perhaps one out of every five times.  Also, it rarely happens with D3 or D300 files.

That's really odd.  Photo Mechanic never leaves files open, nor does it open them for exclusive access when it does open them.  I understand that Capture NX does require exclusive access to files and this requirement means that PM will have issues captioning or updating files that Capture NX is working with.

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
Well maybe we'll hear from others who have run into the problem  ???

You know, there are a whole host of reasons I would love to dump NX2 except for the fact that it produces such great results.  Perhaps you'll consider building a nef editor into PM after you release the cataloging feature  ;D

Deven

Offline sandy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:57:28 AM »
i have also periodically had the error message cannot save file from nx2 i use a nikon D3X and am running snow leopard i thought perhaps i had inadvertantly locked the photo on the camera this doesnt happen very often only on the occasional photo pm is always open when i use nx2