Author Topic: image reading problems  (Read 3771 times)

Offline SpeedyBE

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
image reading problems
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:27:49 AM »
i got some problems with reading my images
it needs 2 be sovel in 24 hours before i need to give my photo's 2 the news paper ???

camera : Canon Eos 1D mark 3
CF Card : Sandisk Extreme 16gb High Speed
Connection: FireWire 800
Software Version 4.6.3

Problem :

Really Need Some Help

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: image reading problems
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:11:46 AM »
Looks like your card data got corrupted :(

Have you checked them on the camera already? Do they look ok there?
You might also try ingesting them again. Also try using a different card reader or even try dowloading from the camera directly.

Hope this helps.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline SpeedyBE

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »
i got it with every card i have

but when i put my photo's on a map and put them after that in mechanics its nothing

but i dont want to loose 2 many time put them in a map and put them in mechanics

its faster from card to app

i got this problem eversince 4.6.3 was installed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 06:58:08 AM »
i got it with every card i have

but when i put my photo's on a map and put them after that in mechanics its nothing

but i dont want to loose 2 many time put them in a map and put them in mechanics

its faster from card to app

i got this problem eversince 4.6.3 was installed

I don't quite understand what you mean by 'put them in a map'?  What other software are you using?

-Kirk

Offline kristiwright

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »
I am having similar issues. Getting lots of "unable to render images" with my psd files. Plus it's operating pretty slow.
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.3 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

I've already removed the cache file after experiencing problems with not being able to color classify but that is not helping this particular problem.

Looking through the threads it seems I am not alone. Is there a solution to this issue?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »
Kristi,

I am having similar issues. Getting lots of "unable to render images" with my psd files. Plus it's operating pretty slow.
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.3 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

I've already removed the cache file after experiencing problems with not being able to color classify but that is not helping this particular problem.

Looking through the threads it seems I am not alone. Is there a solution to this issue?

I spoke earlier to Jerry, one of our support technicians, about your issue.  Based on his description of some of the symptoms you've been experiencing recently (kernel panics, crashes in other applications like your browser, etc.) it sounds like there is something wrong with the hardware on your computer.  This hardware issue is likely to be bad RAM or a failing memory controller.  Photo Mechanic cannot detect when RAM is bad and expects that when it writes data to memory and later reads the data from that same memory location that the data does not change.  All applications expect this same behavior and when RAM does not behave this way then random crashes, data corruption and kernel panics are bound to occur.

I know for certain that there is nothing wrong with Photo Mechanic 4.6.3 that would specifically cause images to fail to render.  I just got back from a week's stay at the Olympics and spoke to dozens of photographers who are using 4.6.3 and are having no difficulties like you describe.  If there were something wrong, then believe me, we would have heard about it.

The issues that the original poster of this thread are experiencing are also likely hardware issues as well, though since he didn't respond to Hayo Baan's question about whether the images look fine when checked on the camera, his issue could be a case of a bad Compact Flash card or a hardware issue on his computer.

I don't know specifically what other threads you found that sounded similar, but it is often the case that the problem is in the card or in the hardware of the computer and often times people don't respond back to the threads they started and confirm what the solution was.

Please have your computer checked out by a qualified Apple service technician at your earliest convenience.  We take these sort of reports very seriously since our reputation is at stake because people trust their images with our software and always follow up on these issues either on the forums or privately via some other form of communication.  Please let us know what your Apple service technician says about your system when you get it checked out.

-Kirk