Author Topic: FLICKR sets/collections/tags  (Read 3233 times)

Offline spiky_fly_guy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FLICKR sets/collections/tags
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:55:12 AM »
I use PM4.2.1 on intel mac with 2gb ram

I ftp my images to my picture desk then I select a couple of my best and upload them to flickr straight from PM, what I find is that when they get to flickr I have to log in and put them in a set and then put them into the collection I want them to go to.

Is there any way of creating the set in PM and selecting the collection in PM I want them to go to?
and..
Also I would like to know what field the flickr uploader references to get its flickr tags (not geotags) and how do I separate them

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FLICKR sets/collections/tags
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »
I use PM4.2.1 on intel mac with 2gb ram

I ftp my images to my picture desk then I select a couple of my best and upload them to flickr straight from PM, what I find is that when they get to flickr I have to log in and put them in a set and then put them into the collection I want them to go to.

Is there any way of creating the set in PM and selecting the collection in PM I want them to go to?
and..
Also I would like to know what field the flickr uploader references to get its flickr tags (not geotags) and how do I separate them

Try using a recent version of PM.  It has a Flickr uploader built-in.  PM 4.2.1 is very old.

-Kirk

Offline spiky_fly_guy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:27:11 AM »
I was using the built in uploader
but my question was can a create a new photoset from within the PM FLickr uploader? and then select the collection I want to put the set into also from the uploader
and
what fields within the iptc does the flickr uploader use to get the tags for the image within flickr?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 06:58:21 AM »
I was using the built in uploader
but my question was can a create a new photoset from within the PM FLickr uploader? and then select the collection I want to put the set into also from the uploader
and
what fields within the iptc does the flickr uploader use to get the tags for the image within flickr?

You must then be using the FTP upload dialog because the Flickr uploader didn't exist in version 4.2.1 of Photo Mechanic.

The Flickr uploader only uploads to existing photosets.  You must create one in Flickr before uploading.

I don't know what IPTC fields Flickr picks up on.  PM includes the entire IPTC record in the files it uploads.  Flickr will have access to all IPTC fields but probably doesn't display them all.

-Kirk