Author Topic: preventing ingest....  (Read 4076 times)

Offline jason.wb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
preventing ingest....
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:43:26 AM »
I reinstalled mac os x on my computer and reinstalled photo mechanic.  Now when I plug in my camera, photo mechanic starts automatically.  I turned this off before, but I can't seem to find out how to do it now.

I've gone to preferences and said "on mount of camera disk do nothing" but it still launches the application.

Does anyone have the answer?  Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: preventing ingest....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:19 AM »
Jason,

I reinstalled mac os x on my computer and reinstalled photo mechanic.  Now when I plug in my camera, photo mechanic starts automatically.  I turned this off before, but I can't seem to find out how to do it now.

I've gone to preferences and said "on mount of camera disk do nothing" but it still launches the application.

Does anyone have the answer?  Thanks!

Open up Image Capture and tell it to do something else besides launch Photo Mechanic when a camera is attached.  Image Capture is an Apple-supplied application and is in your Applications folder.

-Kirk

Offline jason.wb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: preventing ingest....
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:03:46 PM »
That sounds like what I remember from before.  Thanks for the reminder.  Hopefully I won't have to do this for each of the (many) digital cameras I have.

Some days, (like today) my computer is trying too hard to help me and gets in the way.....