Author Topic: Moving an image in full zoom...  (Read 5410 times)

Offline wideopen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Wide Open Photography
Moving an image in full zoom...
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:17:38 PM »
I've been a long time user of ACDSee and my biggest complaint with PM is that when you are previewing an image at 100% you have to use the mouse to move the image in it's frame in order to view different pieces of the image.

I really like the fact that in ACDSee the arrow keys move you around the image while it is full size since you can't view an entire 8 MP image on a 1280x1024 screen.

Any time you can take an action that requires the use of the mouse and make it usable via a keyboard shortcut you will make a friend outta me.

Everything from customizable shortcuts to Underscored menu items are greatly appreciated.

Mike
--
Mike
WideOpenPhotography.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Moving an image in full zoom...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:13:30 PM »
Mike,

I've been a long time user of ACDSee and my biggest complaint with PM is that when you are previewing an image at 100% you have to use the mouse to move the image in it's frame in order to view different pieces of the image.

I really like the fact that in ACDSee the arrow keys move you around the image while it is full size since you can't view an entire 8 MP image on a 1280x1024 screen.

Any time you can take an action that requires the use of the mouse and make it usable via a keyboard shortcut you will make a friend outta me.

Everything from customizable shortcuts to Underscored menu items are greatly appreciated.

If you hold down the Shift key, the arrow keys will move the image around.  If you hold down the Control key and the Shift key then the arrow keys will move the image around faster.

Control clicking on the image will zoom in and out from the point of the click.  Also, the scroll wheel will allow you to move through the photos.  Shift scroll wheel will change the zoom factor.

(This description is for the Windows version only.  The Mac will use Command instead of Control, and Option instead of Shift.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline wideopen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Wide Open Photography
Re: Moving an image in full zoom...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:53:23 PM »
Excellent... that was probably written somewhere and I failed to read it, huh? ;D

Moving a zoomed image with the mouse was the only reason I still tended to use ACDSee as a viewer. With that knowledge I may quit using ACDSee unless I decide to use it as my cataloging software.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Mike
WideOpenPhotography.com