Community > General Discussion

Strange Index Results

(1/2) > >>

jla:
The various IPTC-reading software in use on my computer all reflect any changes I make. The only thing that's hanging things up is Windows Search. Windows Search 4 which shows captions, keywords and source is showing data that I changed at least two months ago. Where is it getting that from? Is it still inside the photos somehow?

Hayo Baan:
My guess is that Windows search caches it's information and does so incorrectly...

The only other guess I have is that your files contain both iptc and xmp info and that they are out of sync. Windows search may be using one, the other software the other set of data. One way to find this out is by using exiftool; that shows ALL embedded data.

HTH,
    Hayo

jla:
I don't think I'm smart enough to use exiftool. I managed to drag and drop a file onto it, but I can't expand the window wide enough to see everything it says. From what I can see it's NOT showing the old metadata and everything is how it looks in Adobe, ACDSee, Photo Mechanic and XnView.

update: saw how out to make a txt output; same results as above,

So I guess that means the problem is coming from Windows Search 4. Do you have any idea where it's keeping the old data so I can delete the index and start over? Not that that would help long-term if this is just going to be a recurring problem. Under Advanced Options, there's a Rebuild Index button so I'm trying that next. Thank-you for your response.

FVlcek:
There is a GUI for exiftool for windows, look here:

http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/exiftoolgui.htm

jla:
I rebuilt the index in Windows Search 4 and am still getting old metadata. When I put a couple of these photos through exiftool, the old metadata is listed under ---- IPTC2 ----

So, I've got IPTC, the most recent version and IPTC2, the old version. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version