Author Topic: OSX Image viewer with full IPTC support  (Read 5866 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
OSX Image viewer with full IPTC support
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »
Which one is from the simple image viewer applications on OSX would support full IPTC read support. I use Preview (standard in OSX) now but it does not display all IPTC fields even if entered by PM. The fields marked with a star in the IPTC info/stationery usually don't appear in most of the viewers. I understand these are extended fields not supported in the basic standard. But I would like to have any app to see them other than PM (it often helps my job to check something in an image out of PM then switch back to PM and continue work.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: OSX Image viewer with full IPTC support
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:44:47 PM »
Which one is from the simple image viewer applications on OSX would support full IPTC read support. I use Preview (standard in OSX) now but it does not display all IPTC fields even if entered by PM. The fields marked with a star in the IPTC info/stationery usually don't appear in most of the viewers. I understand these are extended fields not supported in the basic standard. But I would like to have any app to see them other than PM (it often helps my job to check something in an image out of PM then switch back to PM and continue work.

So you're asking us to write a 'Preview'-like application?

-Kirk

Offline platti

• View Profile
    • my gallery on zenfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 12:08:34 AM »
Hi,

GraphicConverter may be a solution ...

greets from a hill
my gallery on zenfolio

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 05:33:52 AM »

So you're asking us to write a 'Preview'-like application?

-Kirk

Well I would be more than happy to have such a thing from CameraBits but I did not hope you would build such a thing so I thought someone knows one that exists already with some of these features.

Of course if you would make an OSX Preview (or shall I mention IrfanView for Win) like simple image viewer that can display all IPTC info edited in PM I would be more than happy.
,-)))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com