Author Topic: Snapshot use in IPTC Captions  (Read 1900 times)

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Snapshot use in IPTC Captions
« on: March 07, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
I am probably missing something but I was just working on a single image and wanted to add different terms and conditions keeping the rest of the caption the same. As this is set up as a Snapshot I thought using that would be the quickest option. Instead it changed all the unchecked fields aswell.

The original caption was created by just unchecking all the unrequired fields and works if added to a selection via Image => IPTC Stationary.

Please can you tell me if I am I trying to to do something the snapshot isn't designed for or doing something wrong ? My thinking was that the snapshot would only alter the selected fields.

Thanks

MacBook Pro / OSX 10.5.5 / PhotoMechanic 4.6.2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Snapshot use in IPTC Captions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »
I am probably missing something but I was just working on a single image and wanted to add different terms and conditions keeping the rest of the caption the same. As this is set up as a Snapshot I thought using that would be the quickest option. Instead it changed all the unchecked fields aswell.

The original caption was created by just unchecking all the unrequired fields and works if added to a selection via Image => IPTC Stationary.

Please can you tell me if I am I trying to to do something the snapshot isn't designed for or doing something wrong ? My thinking was that the snapshot would only alter the selected fields.

When loaded into the IPTC Stationery Pad, only the checked fields will apply.  When loaded into the IPTC Info, all fields are modified.

-Kirk

Offline nmf

• View Profile
Re: Snapshot use in IPTC Captions
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:45:12 AM »
Thanks.