Author Topic: Tagging Disappears  (Read 3123 times)

Offline chaphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tagging Disappears
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:32:18 AM »
Hi Kirk/PM team,

Camera is Nikon D3, computer is MacBook Pro 4Gb ram, running Snow Leopard and PM 4.6.2.1.  Steps; 1) Start PM.  2) Insert card into reader.  3) Cancel the ingest process.  4)  Open the card folder in the PM navigator.  (I can see my take which includes tagged and non-tagged files).  5)  Highlight all the files, and drag n drop to the appropriate folder on the navigator.  Rather speedy but...

When I look at the copied files in the destination folder the files that were tagged in the camera are no longer tagged.  I would think the status wouldn't change. 

Why am I doing this roundabout method...trying to beat the slow ingest problem. 

Thanks in advance for your help,
Bruce

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tagging Disappears
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:50:28 AM »
Bruce,

Camera is Nikon D3, computer is MacBook Pro 4Gb ram, running Snow Leopard and PM 4.6.2.1.  Steps; 1) Start PM.  2) Insert card into reader.  3) Cancel the ingest process.  4)  Open the card folder in the PM navigator.  (I can see my take which includes tagged and non-tagged files).  5)  Highlight all the files, and drag n drop to the appropriate folder on the navigator.  Rather speedy but...

When I look at the copied files in the destination folder the files that were tagged in the camera are no longer tagged.  I would think the status wouldn't change. 

Why am I doing this roundabout method...trying to beat the slow ingest problem.

Far better would be to use this version which solves the slow ingest problem:

http://camerabits.fileburst.com/PM4.6.3x.zip

-Kirk

Offline chaphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Tagging Disappears
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yeah I did go ahead and use the suggested version.  As Dick Vitale would say, "PM is back b-a-a-a-b-y".  Very speedy and no issues at all.

Keep up the good work & thanks,
Bruce