Author Topic: Cannot access remote drive/folder  (Read 1977 times)

Offline mcg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Cannot access remote drive/folder
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:44:31 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.3 and I run Mac OS X 10.4.11 on my PPC-based G5 Power Mac.

I have just upgraded from prior version (3? - was 18months old)

We keep our 'WIP' folder on a drive called 'work' on a IntelMacPro(10.4.11) and it is accessed across the LAN from the G5.

There is a permanent alias in the G5's Finder sidebar for this 'WIP' folder.

This new version of Photo Mechanic is not able to access this folder and view images - when you click the triangle there is nothing, no sub-folders.

I have accessed the same folder across the network from a 10.6.2 MacBookPro with PM 4.6.3 and it works as expected.

I have tried restarting the G5.

I have also tried not using the folder alias, but the root drive.

thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cannot access remote drive/folder
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:45:15 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.3 and I run Mac OS X 10.4.11 on my PPC-based G5 Power Mac.

I have just upgraded from prior version (3? - was 18months old)

We keep our 'WIP' folder on a drive called 'work' on a IntelMacPro(10.4.11) and it is accessed across the LAN from the G5.

There is a permanent alias in the G5's Finder sidebar for this 'WIP' folder.

This new version of Photo Mechanic is not able to access this folder and view images - when you click the triangle there is nothing, no sub-folders.

I have accessed the same folder across the network from a 10.6.2 MacBookPro with PM 4.6.3 and it works as expected.

I have tried restarting the G5.

I have also tried not using the folder alias, but the root drive.

I don't know why it wouldn't work on one system but would on the other.  I suggest contacting our support folks at 503-547-2888 since they can help you in a more interactive way than I can via the forums.

-Kirk