Author Topic: 'ingest complete' sound  (Read 3375 times)

Offline dhb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
'ingest complete' sound
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
I'm sure other programs do this as well, but a program called Transmit (.torrent downloading program) for Mac allows you to customize the sound it plays when a download completes (it lets you choose from the list of 'mac sounds'). This might also be a helpful tool for ingesting cards.

I did a search to see if there were already any requests for a feature like this and one result showed up where Kirk said "We could also have it play a sound of your choice," when talking about the ingest complete dialog.

Just wondering if this idea ever got anywhere.

I'm running Mac v4.6.3

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 'ingest complete' sound
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:41:48 AM »
I'm sure other programs do this as well, but a program called Transmit (.torrent downloading program) for Mac allows you to customize the sound it plays when a download completes (it lets you choose from the list of 'mac sounds'). This might also be a helpful tool for ingesting cards.

I did a search to see if there were already any requests for a feature like this and one result showed up where Kirk said "We could also have it play a sound of your choice," when talking about the ingest complete dialog.

Just wondering if this idea ever got anywhere.

I'm running Mac v4.6.3

No, it never was implemented.  Though if you install Growl and have PM use Growl Notifications, you can customize the appearance of the notifications, and possibly the sounds (though I haven't checked, it does make a distinct sound.)

-Kirk