Author Topic: Preview Size  (Read 2335 times)

Offline cbloor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Preview Size
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:15:07 AM »
I am on PM 4.63 using a Mac with an OS 10.6.2.

I ingested photos into one folder twice.  For the first group, they all show up in Preview fine.  But for the 2nd group, they are enlarged in preview so I really can't see them.  I verified that the are large images (1500x2000 for example).  But it only has a very small preview in the system so it is blowing them up to 400%.  Why and how can I change that?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Preview Size
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »
I am on PM 4.63 using a Mac with an OS 10.6.2.

I ingested photos into one folder twice.  For the first group, they all show up in Preview fine.  But for the 2nd group, they are enlarged in preview so I really can't see them.  I verified that the are large images (1500x2000 for example).  But it only has a very small preview in the system so it is blowing them up to 400%.  Why and how can I change that?

What file type are the images in the second group?

-Kirk

Offline cbloor

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »
dng

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »
dng

What generated the DNG files?  DNG files contain embedded previews which PM uses to provide their display.  If the embedded previews are not high resolution then they won't produce high quality previews.  You can control whether the Preview window will enlarge images to fit the display size (allowing greater than 100% size) or not.  If you turn off that setting (Preferences->Preview->Enlarge photos to fit previews and slide shows) then you'll see how large the embedded preview really is.

-Kirk