Author Topic: Live Slideshow + ability to use another app  (Read 2171 times)

Offline tonys

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Slideshow + ability to use another app
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
I notice from searching the forums that this question was raised almost three years ago but does not as yet appear to have been implemented.....

Whilst using the live slideshow feature (and displaying the output on a second monitor/projector) I really would like to be able to open up my editing software and use that on my laptop screen, whilst the slideshow continues to run.

BUT, once I have activated the slideshow, the whole computer then becomes unusable (if I touch anything the slideshow stops)

Is there anything in the pipe-line that would allow me to start the show, then edit/print on the same machine. It seems such a waste of resource to have to carry a second computer around and network it to the first.

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Slideshow + ability to use another app
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:18:16 PM »
I notice from searching the forums that this question was raised almost three years ago but does not as yet appear to have been implemented.....

Whilst using the live slideshow feature (and displaying the output on a second monitor/projector) I really would like to be able to open up my editing software and use that on my laptop screen, whilst the slideshow continues to run.

BUT, once I have activated the slideshow, the whole computer then becomes unusable (if I touch anything the slideshow stops)

Is there anything in the pipe-line that would allow me to start the show, then edit/print on the same machine. It seems such a waste of resource to have to carry a second computer around and network it to the first.

No, we've not made any changes to how the Slide Show or Live Slide Show handles the display.

-Kirk