Author Topic: Duplicate Keyword Hierarchies w/structured keywords  (Read 3084 times)

Offline rpressjr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Duplicate Keyword Hierarchies w/structured keywords
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »
Win7, PM 4.6.3
I'm trying to use structured keywording in PM and then import to Lightroom 2 (and/or Lightroom 3 beta 2).  Each keyword tree shows up twice in Lightroom upon import to the catalog.  This is happening with PSD and NEF files.  I haven't tried JPG.  I'm attaching an .xmp file from one of the NEFs.  I notice this problem has appeared before in the forums.  I've set the preference for updating xmp to only to the structured hierarchy fields as you suggested in the past to another user. Please advise.
-=RAP=-

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Duplicate Keyword Hierarchies w/structured keywords
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 06:49:23 PM »
Win7, PM 4.6.3
I'm trying to use structured keywording in PM and then import to Lightroom 2 (and/or Lightroom 3 beta 2).  Each keyword tree shows up twice in Lightroom upon import to the catalog.  This is happening with PSD and NEF files.  I haven't tried JPG.  I'm attaching an .xmp file from one of the NEFs.  I notice this problem has appeared before in the forums.  I've set the preference for updating xmp to only to the structured hierarchy fields as you suggested in the past to another user. Please advise.
-=RAP=-

Try not embedding IPTC anymore, XMP only.  The IPTC data structure only has a Keywords field so there is no alternate place to store the Structured Keywords like there is in XMP.

-Kirk

Offline rpressjr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 07:06:55 PM »
Kirk... thanks for the instant reply!

See screenshot attached... like this? or something else?

-=RAP=-

Offline rpressjr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Kirk ~
Here's what I have discovered with the prior settings.  The duplicate hierarchies stopped but the images still did not import properly, most often with no keywords showing in Lightroom.  I could see them with Photoshop file info, under the advanced tab so they were in there.  I found that when I add heirarchical keywords in Lightroom itself, it makes both regular keywords and the hierarchical keywords.  Unchecking the box in the screenshot below, I have had success with a few images.  I have 7,500 images that need to be re-keyworded and I will alert you if the problem arises again.
-=RAP=-