Author Topic: PM needs Rosetta to launch after downloading Mac updates  (Read 3391 times)

Offline gasakawa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM needs Rosetta to launch after downloading Mac updates
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:09:06 AM »
I just updated my macbook pro (running 10.6.3 2.66ghz intel processor)  with software update and now PM has a message that to open, I need to install Rosetta.  I've never seen this message before...I just trashed the PM app I had and downloaded a new version and it still gets the same message after loading and attempting to launch.  Any ideas for a solution?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM needs Rosetta to launch after downloading Mac updates
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 10:31:51 AM »
Glenn,

I just updated my macbook pro (running 10.6.3 2.66ghz intel processor)  with software update and now PM has a message that to open, I need to install Rosetta.  I've never seen this message before...I just trashed the PM app I had and downloaded a new version and it still gets the same message after loading and attempting to launch.  Any ideas for a solution?

I helped you with this problem before in this thread:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4184.msg20476#msg20476

It should take care of the problem.  Why this problem only happens on your system, I don't know, but I'd expect it to happen each time you get a new release of Photo Mechanic.  You're just going to have to keep deleting the PowerPC portion of the Photo Mechanic application each time you get a new version of PM.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Kirk

Offline gasakawa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:02:46 PM »
Thanks.  What a weird glitch.   I've since gotten a new machine and reloaded all the apps since the last time it came around and it still has this weird issue.

Offline gasakawa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:42:08 AM »
That script worked again.  I didn't think it was the same issue since I never had a notice that I needed Rosetta just to start the program. And this came up after a Mac OS software update, not a PM update.  Very weird but glad that there's a fix out there.