Author Topic: Request: Metadata - Read AF Fine Tune value and AF point selection  (Read 2222 times)

Offline david_hill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm still on PM 4.5.x and plan to upgrade soon, so if either of these is lurking in 4.6, I would be delighted.

Feature Request: 1) Make PM capable of reading the AF Fine Tune value as a metadata field, and 2) make it capable of displaying the selected AF point over the image.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Aperture 3 added support for the displaying the AF point selection, proving that it is possible for a non-Nikon app to achieve. However, I'm not aware of any non-Nikon app that will read the AF Fine Tune value.

Those two seemingly proprietary pieces of metadata are the ONLY reasons I would ever have to open NX or NX2, because I have no tolerance for creaky Nikon software. We really need PM to support this to liberate us from NX2 or later. Since upgraded my camera bodies to D3s, and NX2 does not come for free with any of them, I am no longer able to read this stuff, having only the NX that came free with my former D3 bodies. I cannot bring myself to pay for NX2 just for this, so I have to beg here :)