Author Topic: Error during Ingest with PM V4.6.3  (Read 3013 times)

Offline ahughes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Error during Ingest with PM V4.6.3
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:02:41 AM »
Since upgrading to the latest version of Photomechanic I have been unable to ingest images from my CF cards. I am using 3 stackable Lexar readers, Sandisk extreme III 8Gb cards and a Mac Pro. Before upgrading my PM I was able to ingest to my main drive and backup server with no issue - here is a sample of the error I am getting:

Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/_MG_0745.CR2 to: /Volumes/Shadowfax/Raws/Vivian and Johnny | Engagement/_MG_0745.CR2
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/_MG_0745.CR2 to: /Volumes/Archive/amber/Raws/Vivian and Johnny | Engagement/_MG_0745.CR2
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/_MG_0746.CR2 to: /Volumes/Shadowfax/Raws/Vivian and Johnny | Engagement/_MG_0746.CR2
Error copying: /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/_MG_0746.CR2 to: /Volumes/Archive/amber/Raws/Vivian and Johnny | Engagement/_MG_0746.CR2

I've tried unplugging and restarting as has been recommended in other posts. I've also tried it with all of my cards to no avail. I know it's not the readers as I'm able to copy from them no problem using Image Capture or Lightroom.

One issue I just noticed is it's permanently choosing a folder I created a while ago (Vivian and Johnny). No matter what I try when selecting a folder to ingest to, it won't change in the main ingest window. I'm thinking this has something to do with it.

Any info you could give me would be great! Thanks in advance!

Offline ahughes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Error during Ingest with PM V4.6.3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »
Appears I fixed it myself - I tried removing the preference files for PM (moved them to my desktop instead of deleting, just in case) and upon opening PM again was able to select a new folder and ingest.

Phew! Glad that's fixed! :)