Author Topic: Error messages in Ingest  (Read 3879 times)

Offline blaineharr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Error messages in Ingest
« on: April 01, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
This is for the developers. I e-mailed Camera Bits and got a reply from Jerry Hebert, but after explaining the problem to him, he asked me to post this on the forum. I use a Mac (2 x 3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon), and recently upgraded the OS to Snow Leopard. Had issues with other software, but Photo Mechanic seemed to work ok, until I just returned from an Asia trip with around 6,000 images (I have downloaded folders from trips with over 10K images before without a problem). I am running PM version 4.4.3.3.  During ingest I received an error message for about 450 files.  I was able to manually ingest files by drag and drop into PM. Jerry told me that earlier versions of PM (than the current 4.6.3) were incompatible with Snow Leopard. I downloaded a trial version of 4.6.3 and did the file ingest again. This time, I am still getting an error message (this time for about 229 files). There appears to still be some incompatibility between PM 4.6.3 and Snow Leopard. I use Lightroom and am now going to import directly from the folder to Lightroom, as I am having difficulty reconciling the number of files I have from dcim files to the ingest. If you have any information, please advise asap.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Error messages in Ingest
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
This is for the developers. I e-mailed Camera Bits and got a reply from Jerry Hebert, but after explaining the problem to him, he asked me to post this on the forum. I use a Mac (2 x 3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon), and recently upgraded the OS to Snow Leopard. Had issues with other software, but Photo Mechanic seemed to work ok, until I just returned from an Asia trip with around 6,000 images (I have downloaded folders from trips with over 10K images before without a problem). I am running PM version 4.4.3.3.  During ingest I received an error message for about 450 files.  I was able to manually ingest files by drag and drop into PM. Jerry told me that earlier versions of PM (than the current 4.6.3) were incompatible with Snow Leopard. I downloaded a trial version of 4.6.3 and did the file ingest again. This time, I am still getting an error message (this time for about 229 files). There appears to still be some incompatibility between PM 4.6.3 and Snow Leopard. I use Lightroom and am now going to import directly from the folder to Lightroom, as I am having difficulty reconciling the number of files I have from dcim files to the ingest. If you have any information, please advise asap.

Please get the 4.6.4 beta version from the Announcements section of the forums.  If it doesn't solve your issue then please post back and I'll work with you to identify and solve the problem.

-Kirk