Author Topic: newbie to PM. Change whitebalance in PS and back to PM?  (Read 3605 times)

Offline michaelbs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
newbie to PM. Change whitebalance in PS and back to PM?
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:04:31 AM »
Hello
I'm a new PM user. I got tired of the speed in LR. I want to use PM to make my picks and then import my selection into LR.
I have a batch of pics. White Balance is way off to a degree that I can not evaluate my rawpictures and make the picks without a WB correction. I choose all the images and open them in Adobe rawconvertor, correct the WB and hit done. I was hoping that the images would show in PM with the WB correction applied. They aren't! ? I import the raw images into LR, correct the WB and hit control+s to save the correction into the xmp file and close LR, revert to PM and still: no wb correction detectable.
What am I missing?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:06:41 AM by michaelbs »

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: newbie to PM. Change whitebalance in PS and back to PM?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:28:52 AM »
Hello
I'm a new PM user. I got tired of the speed in LR. I want to use PM to make my picks and then import my selection into LR.
I have a batch of pics. White Balance is way off to a degree that I can not evaluate my rawpictures and make the picks without a WB correction. I choose all the images and open them in Adobe rawconvertor, correct the WB and hit done. I was hoping that the images would show in PM with the WB correction applied. They aren't! ? I import the raw images into LR, correct the WB and hit control+s to save the correction into the xmp file and close LR, revert to PM and still: no wb correction detectable.
What am I missing?

Adobe's software does not update the embedded preview in the RAW files it adjusts.  If you use the DNG format instead, you can setup Adobe's software so that it updates the embedded preview in the DNG files and the results will show up in PM.  Adobe doesn't share their rendering technology with third party applications like PM so it would be nearly impossible for us to write our own renderer that produces the exact same output as Adobe's renderer.

-Kirk