Author Topic: New feature for IPTC dialog  (Read 7433 times)

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
New feature for IPTC dialog
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:55:42 AM »
Would it be possible to put a button in the dialog that would save the IPTC info and the immediately FTP the file?  Then without closing the dialog we could FTP the file as soon as it is caption and move to the next file that one is uploading.  I think this would be darn handy for those of us on deadline.

Wolvie

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: New feature for IPTC dialog
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 08:44:12 AM »
Good idea.  I can see this being useful to me as well :)  Functionally, I guess it would need to be set up to work as equivalent to Option-Command-U (on a Mac) keystroke so that it will automatically use the previous settings from the FTP As dialog?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:17:50 AM »
Good idea.  I can see this being useful to me as well :)  Functionally, I guess it would need to be set up to work as equivalent to Option-Command-U (on a Mac) keystroke so that it will automatically use the previous settings from the FTP As dialog?

If we were to add the button it would have to work the way you describe, because the FTP As dialog coming up would be a serious barrier to the workflow.

-Kirk

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 07:01:25 AM »

If we were to add the button it would have to work the way you describe, because the FTP As dialog coming up would be a serious barrier to the workflow.

-Kirk

Kirk -

That's how I envisioned it working.  Since generally speaking as a freelancer or staffer at a paper, mag, or wire, we would be transmitting to one server anyways.  Be great if you would/could add the button.   Thanks for considering it!

Wolvie