Author Topic: Copying Specific IPTC fields  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copying Specific IPTC fields
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:48:33 AM »
Could you develop a way to customise which iptc fields a user can choose to copy and paste?

For example if you are editing for two photogs and they both took a picture of the same moment of action from different angles (that would require the same caption):

So if I write the caption for the 1st picture and then want to copy and paste that same iptc template onto the other photogs version of the same moment keeping all the iptc fields the same except for the two iptc fields where the photog name ={serialnum}Name= and title (STR or STF) ={serialnum}t= have changed and the photog name in the main body of the caption field (Agency Photo/={serialnum}Name=) has changed.

This idea would presume you are already using a camera serial number ingest putting the photogs details into the IPTC fields for each image, like this system we use:

123456   Joe Bloggs
123456BLA   Joe Bloggs
123456Name   Joe Bloggs
123456t   STF
123456int   ME

Having this feature would speed up the captioning workflow and remove the risk of ever getting the byline name wrong for a photog when editing for multiple photogs.

Many thanks!  Matt
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.