Author Topic: Filter selection box always toggled off  (Read 2501 times)

Offline bobby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Filter selection box always toggled off
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
Dear Kirk (and others),

I've run into an issue with Photo Mechanic version 4.6.3 running on Vista x64 (service pack 2) on my quad CPU with 8GB of ram:

When I double-click to view a folder of images the filter selection for grey box is always toggled off.  This means that photos which were not tagged with any color class are not visible until I click on that box.  (these are the colored boxes at the bottom right of the screen)

Once I click on the far-right box to enable the visibility of images not tagged with any color-class, I am able to see all the images.

One more, and possible related issue, is that when I double-click on a folder of images that folder does not become highlighted (to indicate that I'm currently viewing it).  Instead, the same folder which was previously highlighted remains highlited.

I've now re-installed Photo Mechanic, however, these issues did not go away.  Is there a way to reset any global settings or preferences which may be in effect even when the program is re-installed?

What can I do to get rid of this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Filter selection box always toggled off
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:30:06 PM »
Bob,

I've run into an issue with Photo Mechanic version 4.6.3 running on Vista x64 (service pack 2) on my quad CPU with 8GB of ram:

When I double-click to view a folder of images the filter selection for grey box is always toggled off.  This means that photos which were not tagged with any color class are not visible until I click on that box.  (these are the colored boxes at the bottom right of the screen)

Once I click on the far-right box to enable the visibility of images not tagged with any color-class, I am able to see all the images.

One more, and possible related issue, is that when I double-click on a folder of images that folder does not become highlighted (to indicate that I'm currently viewing it).  Instead, the same folder which was previously highlighted remains highlited.

I've now re-installed Photo Mechanic, however, these issues did not go away.  Is there a way to reset any global settings or preferences which may be in effect even when the program is re-installed?

What can I do to get rid of this issue?

Set the Color Class filter the way you want it to be.  Then right-click on it.  Choose 'Set as default' from the contextual menu.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline bobby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Filter selection box always toggled off
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »
Thank you SO much!  This resolved the problem.  Really appreciate your help and this wonderful program.