Author Topic: Determining pathname for folders  (Read 5126 times)

Offline RichB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Determining pathname for folders
« on: October 09, 2006, 04:13:19 AM »
Hi, Kirk.

Thanks for the fixes for 4.4.3.3.  I am trying to incorporate DAM organization to my workflow.  For each original folder, I have two sub folders named "Photoshop" and "Prints".   If I am working with more than one instance of the sub folders (I double click folders in the navigator window), I have a hard time telling to which original folder they belong.  I have discovered that if there is an image in the folder, PM displays PART OF the pathname in the Status Info area at the bottom which may or may not be enough of the path name to let me know the exact location of the folder.  However, if the folder is empty, I have not discovered any way to determine the path of the folder.

Is there a way to determine the full path for the active folder?  Also, what is that purpose of the white area (Windows XP) at the bottom status area to the left of the checkbox and to the right of the "Selected: ..."?  The only thing I have observed is that it overlays part of the path name.

Thanks,
Rich

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Determining pathname for folders
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 06:25:31 AM »
Rich,

Thanks for the fixes for 4.4.3.3.  I am trying to incorporate DAM organization to my workflow.  For each original folder, I have two sub folders named "Photoshop" and "Prints".   If I am working with more than one instance of the sub folders (I double click folders in the navigator window), I have a hard time telling to which original folder they belong.  I have discovered that if there is an image in the folder, PM displays PART OF the pathname in the Status Info area at the bottom which may or may not be enough of the path name to let me know the exact location of the folder.  However, if the folder is empty, I have not discovered any way to determine the path of the folder.

Is there a way to determine the full path for the active folder?  Also, what is that purpose of the white area (Windows XP) at the bottom status area to the left of the checkbox and to the right of the "Selected: ..."?  The only thing I have observed is that it overlays part of the path name.

Other than to click on an image like you have been doing, there is no other way.  And you're right, if the folder is empty and there is nothing to click on, then there is no path listed.  The empty space is just empty space.  For some reason MFC isn't giving the full area to the status text.  I'll look into that.

-Kirk