Author Topic: How to export by quick key, into photoshop?  (Read 12038 times)

Offline Amelia Fellerhoff

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to export by quick key, into photoshop?
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »
Is there a quick key to export images from photo mechanic into photoshop?

Alternatively is there a quick way to save all images rated red, as in (chosen images) into one location, for easy access?

I am using a Mac laptop, working in a fast paced enviroment, and quick keys would be awesome.

Cheers.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to export by quick key, into photoshop?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 07:51:45 PM »
Is there a quick key to export images from photo mechanic into photoshop?

Command-E (Image->Edit Photos)

The keyboard shortcut is listed in the menu.

Quote from: Amelia Fellerhoff
Alternatively is there a quick way to save all images rated red, as in (chosen images) into one location, for easy access?

Sure.  Hold down the Option key and then click on the red square in the Color Class filter in the lower right corner of the Contact Sheet window.  The other Color Classes will be filtered out.  Only the photos that have red Color Class will be visible.  Type Command-A to select all.  Type Command-S to save.  You will be able to choose a final destination for the saved images.

HTH,

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 02:56:29 PM »
Hey thanks for the great tip. I also have another question.
How do I preserve individual caption information when I save a group of chosen images into another location?
Note, I have ingested the images with stationary pad, then ive added individual captions to images.
  ???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 05:23:37 PM »
Hey thanks for the great tip. I also have another question.
How do I preserve individual caption information when I save a group of chosen images into another location?
Note, I have ingested the images with stationary pad, then ive added individual captions to images.
  ???

Save As should preserve them.  Also, if you just want to copy or move them, you can use the Copy Photos command on the File menu.  If you use Save As and create JPEGs, then there will be a slight image quality loss (since JPEG is a lossy compression format.)

HTH,

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 05:43:01 PM »
Thanks Kirk for your quick replies. I have figured out my wee problem with the caption info. In the save as, menu box, if I untick (apply IPTC stationary) and the (Preserve EXIF information when possible), it keeps my original stationary information and also keeps individual captions on that set of images.
Thanks again for your help, you are a lifesaver.
 ;D

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 03:29:14 PM »
Amelia,

Funnily enough, you actually have the answer within your question... QuicKeys! 

QuicKeys is a wonderful program for the Mac that allows you to set almost any shortcut or macro you want to any key you choose. I've been using it for ages with both Photo Mechanic and Photoshop and it works great. You can have different sets of macros (actions) for different applications. As an example of how I use QuicKeys with PM, I have a macro set up where I can press one of my function keys and it opens the IPTC Stationery Pad and selects all the text in the object field ready for me to type in my next name. You could do exactly as you want - and much more - with QuicKeys. You can download a free trial from their website:

http://www.quickeys.com/

Hope this helps,

Paul