Author Topic: Remove duplicated keywords  (Read 3125 times)

Offline pacoferia

• Newcomer
  • Paco Feria / photojournalist
    • View Profile
Remove duplicated keywords
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:32:27 AM »
Due to market reasons I need apply to each picture iptc data in both languages English & Spanish, I use the keyword field for Spanish language and the Caption field for English, I´ve no problem with Keyword field itself when entry iptc data, no duplicated data is applied, but this doesn't happens in the Caption field. For me, and I guess for more people out there, would be really useful add a feature such as: "Remove Duplicated Keywords" option, for example next to the "Case Sensitive" search when using the find & replace tool, after apply keywords to a thousands of pictures it is really an ardous task remove manually hundreds of duplicated keywords ( just into the caption field ), with the suggested feature it will take just a couple of seconds.

Thanks in advanced for considering
Paco Feria / photojournalist
http://www.pacoferia.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Remove duplicated keywords
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 06:45:22 AM »
Paco,

Due to market reasons I need apply to each picture iptc data in both languages English & Spanish, I use the keyword field for Spanish language and the Caption field for English, I´ve no problem with Keyword field itself when entry iptc data, no duplicated data is applied, but this doesn't happens in the Caption field. For me, and I guess for more people out there, would be really useful add a feature such as: "Remove Duplicated Keywords" option, for example next to the "Case Sensitive" search when using the find & replace tool, after apply keywords to a thousands of pictures it is really an ardous task remove manually hundreds of duplicated keywords ( just into the caption field ), with the suggested feature it will take just a couple of seconds.

Thanks in advanced for considering

Since the Caption field is not intended for lists of items, like the Keywords field, how are we to know that you want the Caption field to be treated like a Keywords field?  What if the Caption field had a few sentences of text followed by what looks like some keywords and some of the keywords existed in the sentences of text?

-Kirk

Offline pacoferia

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Remove duplicated keywords
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 12:06:38 AM »
yes, this will happens if you put general info into  the caption field, but that is not  my case, I use the caption field in the same manner that I use the Keyword field, so, keyword field for spanish keywords and the caption field for the English keywords, anyway since that the requested feature  would be a checkbox selectable option I can't see the problem you described above, simple do not select that option if you do not need it, but I'm sure it would be an useful tool for all those people dealing with more than one language as I do.

For better understanding take a look to this picture in  my Online image bank

http://www.travelreportages.com/index.php?module=media&pId=102&id=7126

under the picture you will see the Keyword words in English, but really it is the caption field

then take a look up on the left of the page for the American flag and change the displayed language to Spanish through the dropdown menu, then the same picture will show up but  this time in Spanish language, in the same place you will see the real keyword fied displaying  Spanish keywords.

Make sense?

Thanks for your reply and interest
Paco Feria / photojournalist
http://www.pacoferia.com