Author Topic: Request: Print Order tool  (Read 2523 times)

Offline samlimster

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Request: Print Order tool
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »
Hi there.

I was wondering if I could request a feature of a tool to ease print orders:
1) a means to import a list of filenames or search for file numbers (if a sequence number was used)
2) or a means to enter in this list manually.

Once the list is imported/entered, PhotoMechanic will search the current folder for the files in the list and select them.  If it can't find any, it will display an error message.

I'm currently doing this manually which is slow and prone to error.  Automating this process would save me so much heartache! :)

Thank you!

Sam.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Request: Print Order tool
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:58:10 AM »
Sam,

I was wondering if I could request a feature of a tool to ease print orders:
1) a means to import a list of filenames or search for file numbers (if a sequence number was used)
2) or a means to enter in this list manually.

Once the list is imported/entered, PhotoMechanic will search the current folder for the files in the list and select them.  If it can't find any, it will display an error message.

I'm currently doing this manually which is slow and prone to error.  Automating this process would save me so much heartache! :)

Photo Mechanic can already do this.  See the 'Load Selection...' and 'Save Selection...' commands on the Edit menu.  To see how a selection file is formatted, select some photos and use the Save Selection command and then open the text file in a text editor application.

-Kirk