Author Topic: After applying keyword screen jumps to top of thumbnails  (Read 2422 times)

Offline mrwd40

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
After applying keyword screen jumps to top of thumbnails
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:39:26 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic 4.6.2.1 on a Windows XP system.

When I select photo(s), go to the Keyword Panel and Apply a keyword to the selected photo(s), once the task is complete the main window with all the thumbnails jumps back towards the top and I have to scroll down to continue where I left off.  This has been happening to me 90% of the time and is driving me INSANE! 

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? 
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: After applying keyword screen jumps to top of thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:13:20 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic 4.6.2.1 on a Windows XP system.

When I select photo(s), go to the Keyword Panel and Apply a keyword to the selected photo(s), once the task is complete the main window with all the thumbnails jumps back towards the top and I have to scroll down to continue where I left off.  This has been happening to me 90% of the time and is driving me INSANE! 

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? 
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

Are the selected photos in a group or are they a discontiguous selection?  Is the first selected image on screen or off screen by the time you apply the keywords?

A list of steps that will help me reproduce the problem would be most helpful.  If I can reproduce a problem, I can most certainly fix it.

-Kirk

Offline mrwd40

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:00:50 AM »
Sometimes selected photos are discontinuous, sometimes they are in consecutive.  Selected image(s) are usually all visible when I apply keywords.  Also noticed that if I create a subfolder and drag an image(s) into it, program jumps to upper section of thumbnails as well and I have to scroll back down to find my place.  Any thoughts?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
Sometimes selected photos are discontinuous, sometimes they are in consecutive.  Selected image(s) are usually all visible when I apply keywords.  Also noticed that if I create a subfolder and drag an image(s) into it, program jumps to upper section of thumbnails as well and I have to scroll back down to find my place.  Any thoughts?

It sounds like PM could be better at keeping your place when rescanning for changes.  I'll see if I can reproduce these issues and fix them.  Until then I have no suggestions or workarounds.

-Kirk