Author Topic: When uploading photos... do they need to be tagged?  (Read 3875 times)

Offline somethingblue

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
When uploading photos... do they need to be tagged?
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
I just downloaded and activated a trial of PM.  Installed it on my Mac Pro running OS X 10.6.3.

I have a folder of images that I would like to upload to my zenfolio account.  This is one of the features that could be the answer to my prayers... IF I COULD JUST GET IT TO WORK!  ???

I navigated to the folder that has the images that need to be uploaded.  Command-A to select all of them... then clicked the Upload button on the top bar, selected zenfolio, filled in all of the info after creating a connection... selected the gallery to upload into...  and clicked the Send button.

A window flashed onto the screen and disappeared too quickly for me to even see what it is.  And then nothing happened.  Which was not the outcome I was hoping for as you can imagine.  Nothing was uploaded.  I had the option to save an upload log checked, and provided a location for it.  No log was generated.  I tried this several times... and nothing.

So.  Am I missing something?  Do I need to tag the photos for them to be uploaded?  Is just selecting them not enough?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: When uploading photos... do they need to be tagged?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »
I just downloaded and activated a trial of PM.  Installed it on my Mac Pro running OS X 10.6.3.

I have a folder of images that I would like to upload to my zenfolio account.  This is one of the features that could be the answer to my prayers... IF I COULD JUST GET IT TO WORK!  ???

I navigated to the folder that has the images that need to be uploaded.  Command-A to select all of them... then clicked the Upload button on the top bar, selected zenfolio, filled in all of the info after creating a connection... selected the gallery to upload into...  and clicked the Send button.

A window flashed onto the screen and disappeared too quickly for me to even see what it is.  And then nothing happened.  Which was not the outcome I was hoping for as you can imagine.  Nothing was uploaded.  I had the option to save an upload log checked, and provided a location for it.  No log was generated.  I tried this several times... and nothing.

So.  Am I missing something?  Do I need to tag the photos for them to be uploaded?  Is just selecting them not enough?

Thanks in advance!

Selecting them should be enough.  At this point I suggest getting the 4.6.4 beta version available in the Announcements section of the forums since it has a number of bug fixes since the 4.6.3 version.  If the problem persists with the beta version, please let me know.

-Kirk

Offline somethingblue

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: When uploading photos... do they need to be tagged?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Kirk,

Thank you very much!  That did the trick.  Now I'm happily uploading files.  It's a beautiful thing!